The principles that guide our recommendations are:
- having good stuff, not lots of stuff – we prefer to have a few toys with lots of creative possibilities, rather than lots of single-use toys
- informed decision-making – your wants and needs will differ from ours, so we try to give you as much detail as possible so you can make your own decisions
- that all people are equal, and we want the media our children to consume to show that as much as possible
- that having kids should mean having lots of fun
- that there are useful tools to help with the stuff that’s not so fun – and we want to make it easier for you to find them if you need them
If this sounds good to you then hopefully our site is useful – and if there’s anything you’d like to see more of, please let us know via the form below.
And if you think that we’ve reviewed something and overlooked that it doesn’t fit with our philosophy please point that out too! It is hard to see from different perspectives, so while we try to give balance your input is very valuable to us.